- ’Jam dbyangs A ra pa tsa na
- 19th century
- Mineral pigment
- Height: 12 cm / Width: 9 cm / Depth: not filled
- Collection: Hans Leder, Inv. Nr.: 3948
- Grassi Museum für Völkerkunde zu Leipzig
- © Grassi Museum für Völkerkunde zu Leipzig/ ÖAW
The bodhisattva of wisdom, Manjushri, in his aspect of the orange Arapachana Manjughosha, is tranquil, smiling and graceful. He has the appearance of a youth, with a saffron-coloured complexion like refined gold. He brandishes a sky-blue sword of wisdom at about the height of his shoulder. With his left hand, he grasps the stem of a blue utpala lotus flower that blossoms beside his ear holding the Prajnaparamita scripture. He sits in vajra cross-legged posture, glad in sashes of silk and beautified by fine jewellery.